13 February 2011

Silversmithing...

♥ Ceri makes...   had a fun day of silversmithing at The Papered Parlour,  a hop and a skip from Clapham Common.  The workshop studio was gorgeous, decked out with lots of lovely vintage treasures...

 

The day started with a quick overview from the lovely Caren Hartley,  then we quickly set to work designing our rings,  I took my inspiration from a treasured Monica Vinader ring that I just don't wear enough and a gorgeous ring from a work sample sale.

It was a bit tricky at first getting to grips with the tools - particularly soldering the tiny spheres onto the ring,  but with some gentle guidance I soon got the hang of it.  Super pleased with the results...

If you'd like to find out more for yourself visit the website...   http://www.thepaperedparlour.co.uk/ and a special thanks to MummyB for buying the Silversmithing workshop for me - a fantastic christmas present  ...something I can keep forever x

No comments:

Post a Comment