26 December 2011

A Boxing Day lunch...

♥ Ceri makes...  and so Christmas day has come and gone!  After a relaxing day at home in the countryside with lots of good food,  drink and rather a lot of lovely presents we ventured out to a nearby village for a Boxing day lunch.  MummyB had chosen The Long Arms at South Wraxall  and a good choice it was indeed!

Despite having eaten far too much on Christmas day I managed to find room for even more today!  For starter I had the smoked salmon blinis with pickled cucumber (the salmon is smoked on site at the pub's smokehouse),  roast lamb breast for main accompanied by some Indian Pale Ale as recommended on the beer kitchen menu,  followed by homemade pistachio ice cream for desert.  I will be having a go at making some pickled cucumber with the River Cottage Preserves book that AuntyC & co got me for Christmas,  so much more scrumptious than it may sound.



After such a lovely lunch I've whiled away the afternoon on the sofa with the cat reading my bookclub book The Help in preparation for our January meet!

♥ Ceri makes...  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment